Inland Marine Insurance

Insurance for today's unique risks

Goods being transported by semi-truck on a scenic highway.

Who needs inland marine coverage?

Inland marine insurance provides financial protection for a business’s property that is transported on land. This can include equipment, products, parts and materials being shipped “inland” by automobiles, trucks and trains. Coverage extends to property that is owned or in a business’s care related to construction, transportation, fine art and renewable energy. 

Our strong focus on specialized segments gives us a deep understanding of their unique needs and associated risks. We offer a wide array of additional insurance offerings that stand alone or can complement our focused industry segment products. Other industries we serve include communications, manufacturing, municipalities and specialized equipment. 

What is inland marine insurance?

Inland marine insurance is property coverage for material, products or equipment that moves or is transportable, and/or is instrumental in transportation or communication. This type of policy also typically covers property that is owned by someone else but stored at the policyholder’s location.

What does inland marine insurance cover?

Inland marine insurance may help cover items that are typically excluded by property coverage, such as items of high value. The coverage helps meet the costs to repair or replace covered property that is damaged due to covered events including theft, fire, wind, hail and water damage. This type of coverage may also include protection from damage or loss due to accident or mishandling, or in the event of an undetermined cause of missing property.

Inland marine insurance typically covers:

  • Property that is being transported

  • Property that moves or will be moved between locations

  • Computer, television, video, sound or radio equipment

  • Electronics

  • Medical diagnostic equipment

  • Party and special event equipment 

  • Fine art and collectibles

  • Bridges and radio towers

  • Trade show exhibits

  • Solar panels and wind turbines

  • Miscellaneous property 

Travelers offers products and services for the construction industry that meet a wide range of needs. We provide protection for fixed property under construction and equipment used during construction, whether it is in transit, in storage or at the job site.

People who manage collections have a passion for their objects. Travelers understands, and we offer unparalleled fine art coverage and services, whether for a cultural institution, a large corporate collection or the dealers and galleries who represent this industry.

Travelers is committed to the power of renewable energy, today and in the future. We provide innovative coverage and product solutions that protect renewable energy investments and will evolve with the ever-changing category.

Protecting cargo shipments along their journey is key to successful deliveries. Travelers offers protection for a range of businesses involved in managing and handling the transportation and storage of cargo.

We work with customers to protect specialized property, including coverage for communication towers, bridges, computers, medical equipment and sports and entertainment production equipment.


Insights to help you manage risks at work and on the road

Business person smiling and carrying a red folder.

Find an insurance agent

Get coverage for your unique professional risks.